From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Build a 32-bit app?
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2009 00:27:40
1 On Sun, Feb 8, 2009 at 3:53 PM, Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de> wrote:
2 > Mark Knecht wrote:
3 >>
4 >> Hi all,
5 >> I'm trying to run the Chuck programming language on my 64-bit
6 >> machine but it's segfaulting. An individual more experienced with
7 >> Chuck suggested that maybe it needs to be built as a 32-bit app. I'm
8 >> looking for instructions on how to do that.
9 >
10 > Try putting "-m32" in CFLAGS/CXXFLAGS temporarily for this build.
11
12 Thanks Nikos. I wish it was that simple. The build fails with lots of
13 'undefined reference ' messages.
14
15 I'm wondering what happens if I build it on a 32-bit Gentoo box and
16 then just move it over? (Or in a 32-bit VM in a vmware session.)
17 "equery files chuck" seems to say there is nothing other than the
18 chuck.alsa and chuck.jack binaries. Will they run on my system if I
19 just drag them over from a 32-bit machine? Would I need to do anything
20 to tell them to use the emulation libraries?
21
22 Cheers,
23 Mark