From: Tom <uebershark@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] To multilib or Not to multilib!?
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 18:21:50
1 Hi List!
2
3 After following the thread about the icedtea build on amd64 I found
4 myself wondering if it would make sense for me to change to
5 a non-multilib setup.
6
7 So how is the status of that specific profile, how stable, and more
8 importantly how feature rich can it be?
9
10 Java seems to be getting close to a non issue, but what about flash for
11 instance? I know there's now a native 64version of adobe's plugin (I'm
12 using it right now) but I don't know about its dependencies.
13
14 Other things spring to mind, certain codec-packs, multimedia in
15 general.
16 And of course wine, virtualization etc.
17
18 So can anybody provide some insight into how things are generally
19 going in non-multilib-land?!
20
21 Thanks
22