From: Adrian Middleton <lists@×××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Flash 9?
Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2007 10:18:18
1 On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 09:03:37 +0000
2 Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk> wrote:
3
4 > On Wednesday 17 January 2007 07:04, Daemon Xavier wrote:
5 > > Has anyone had luck with this in mozilla-firefox-bin?? I use gnash right
6 > > now, since it compiles for 64 bit, it works but not for stuff like flash
7 > > 8+ sites. Just want to know what the amd64 community does for flash.
8 >
9 > Personally , I ignore it.
10 >
11 > --
12 > Rgds
13 > Peter
14 > --
15 > gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list
21 Flash 9 works fine on my system with 32bit firefox except that for some reason it doesn't play well with other apps that use sound. All other apps share the sound fine with each other but flash prevents them from using sound properly and, on occaision, vice-versa. Everytime I goto a site that uses sound in flash, I am forced to close my browser, reload alsa, and restart the browser (careful not to restore a session to the same site or this has to be repeated).
22
23 Aside from this fact, most sites except myspace media players seem to work flawlessly. I suspect that the problem with the msyspace players has to do with whoever developed them rather than the linux flash9 port itself but I do not know for sure.
24
25 !DSPAM:45adf73d19742707825306!
29 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list