From: kevin <kevin@×××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Messed up my installation
Date: Sat, 05 May 2007 10:07:15
1 I followed the advice:
2
3 1. Checked kernel for vesafb and no nvidia bits - OK
4 2. Added type1 to USE, it was missing
5 3. Deleted andale32.exe from distfiles
6 3. ran emerge -uDN world and revdep-rebuild
7
8 andale32.exe still threw an error so I skipped it with emerge --resume
9 --skipfirst and it all ran OK. Finally I added gnome-themes-extra and
10 rebooted.
11
12 Everything seems OK now, 90% of icons there - I can boot into X and run
13 gnome. Next problem - firefox freezes the whole system after running
14 about 10 minutes. Googling around this seems quite a common problem.
15
16 Thanks for the help.
17
18 Kevin.