From: Branko Badrljica <brankob@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] ebuild for gcc-4.4.0 ?
Date: Fri, 01 May 2009 01:56:26
1 I have noticed that gcc-4.4.0 is out for some days now and went to see
2 if anyone has noticed it on gentoo.org.
3
4 As it turns out, bug is opened by some avid user, but no one came up
5 with ebuilds so far.
6
7 Given the fact that the new gcc has two new dependencies, which also
8 need theirs ebuilds and that I'm not well versed with all that ebuild
9 stuff, I'd rather wait for someone to come up with ebuilds before I go
10 into pain journey with results that some ebuild jock could have in half
11 an hour flat.
12
13 So, what is with 4.4.0 ? Are new dependencies too much trouble for
14 ebuild quickie or is it just that noone cared for it so far ?
15 If former, then I better not loose time trying, if later, it would be
16 nice to know if we can expect it soon or not...
17
18 Branko