From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] More ATi driver madness
Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2006 15:03:56
1 Good news: After two months of screwing with modular X and the ATI drivers, I
2 FINALLY got an X session on my Compaq R4000.
3
4 Bad news: For some incredibly stupid reason, the session graphics are
5 horrible. When I log in, the desktop looks fine, but all my console sessions
6 are transparent and impossible to read and every window I close hangs out on
7 the desktop like a ghost. I've used eselect to configure openGL for the ati
8 interface, the module (latest driver) loads and i even get the correct info
9 in 'fglrxinfo'. Not to mention I get 1280x800 resolution. But if this
10 graphics problem can't be fixed, it's impossible to use that way.
11
12 Does anyone have any possible clue what I can do to fix that?
16 Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
17
18 Mark Haney
19 Sr. Systems Administrator
20 ERC Broadband