From: Richard Freeman <rich@××××××××××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Time Drift
Date: Sat, 09 Jun 2007 02:41:10
1 I just noticed that my time was off and after checking the logs I saw
2 that ntpd was adjusting the time by 5 minutes several times a day for
3 the last month.
4
5 Searching around I found some hints that disabling apic might help.
6 This is on a K8V deluxe motherboard and running 2.6.20-r7. Before I
7 disable apic, will this have any negative effects on the system? This
8 is a desktop system so I don't really care about power-saving features
9 (although I'd like to keep cpudyn working if possible).
10
11 I'm also running ivtv (mythtv backend) which apparently can cause clock
12 skew due to some kind of DMA error, but I'm not seeing that in the logs.
13
14 Any advice?

smime.p7s application/x-pkcs7-signature