From: Stuart Haas <stuart@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Memory Limit
Date: Tue, 21 Feb 2006 16:03:48
7 Sounds to me like it might be a hardware/bios problem, rather than a
8 kernel issue.  I remember having a similar problem a while ago with my
9 system (with less RAM of course).
10
11 What mother board and BIOS are you running?  How many CPUs? Also, what
12 RAM are you using?
13
14 Stuart
15
16 Ryan Rice wrote:
19 It does get past GRUB.  When it goes to load the image off the drive it
20 chokes.
21
22 I cannot get past 31GB what so ever.  When I load it up to 32GB or
23 more, I get this problem, and when I drop back down to 31GB all is fine.
24
25 I have memory testing/burn-in equipment, which says all of the DIMMs'
26 are in perfect working order.
27
28 It reboots so fast, that I'm not aware of a way to snag the dump before
29 it reboots.  Any suggestions?
30
God Bless,
31
32 Ryan A. Rice
33 Operations Manager
34 i*hydra, Where Price and Power Converge.
35 http://www.ihydra.com
36 rrice@××××××.com
37 Toll Free: (866)-433-1238
38 Cell: (207)-333-1258