From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Kernel-3.3.0 and Nvidia-drivers
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 21:03:06
Barry Schwartz posted on Tue, 20 Mar 2012 01:20:13 -0500 as excerpted:

> Unfortunately the nvidia drivers are needed not only for graphics but > also to use the GPU for scientific calculations, including for donating > processor time to medical research, for instance.
My donation ends where their disrespect for human freedom begins. (Over a decade ago, back on MS, I used to run However, they don't have a freedomware client, or at least didn't back then, and while I understand the reasons why -- someone cheating and saying they did the work when they didn't, just to get the stats -- that didn't change the fact that I wasn't going to run servantware. But as they say, YMMV.) -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman