From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: Gentoo AMD64 <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] amd64 list, still useful? Was: btrfs
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2014 16:41:35
1 On Thu, May 29, 2014 at 7:04 PM, Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net> wrote:
2 <SNIP>
3 > Meanwhile, Mark's reason for staying on this list, as opposed to the
4 > general user list, are more or less mine, as well.
5 <SNIP>
6 >
7 > Rather, in my case it is more that I remember the high traffic of the
8 > user list and kind of like the lower but perhaps higher quality traffic
9 > here, tho at times it's /too/ low traffic, these days. Probably at some
10 > point I'll get back to the user list, but if this list were to shut down,
11 > I'd still miss it, because while there's not a lot of traffic here these
12 > days, the signal to noise ratio really is about the highest I can imagine.
13 >
14 > --
15 > Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs.
16 > "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master --
17 > and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
18
19 Hi Duncan,
20 There is an in progress, higher energy thread on gentoo-user with folks
21 getting upset (my interpretation) about systemd and support for
22 suspend/resume features. I only found it being that I ran into an emerge
23 block and went looking for a solution. (In my case it was -upower as
24 a new use flag setting.)
25
26 Anyway, I prefer it here. If I was reading that thread real-time I know I'd
27 be responding to a few things even though I don't have anything of much
28 value to add. It's just my nature in the presence of threads like that! ;-)
29
30 Cheers,
31 Mark
32
33 P.S. - BTW - I love your long answers although I seldom have time
34 to read them when they arrive. Stay true. They are of value.