From: Simeon Nifos <archwndas@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] LiveCD 2006.1 boot stops Set Up Hardware Clock to UTC problem
Date: Fri, 02 Mar 2007 19:14:08
1 Hi List,
2 I just bought an ACER Laptop 5630. Unfortunately
3 this is the only Laptop where I encountered the
4 following problem:
5
6 When I try to install Linux from the Gentoo 2006.1
7 live CD the boot process stops at
8 "Setting Up Hardware Clock to UTC". After that it
9 says "one or more boot scripts didn't start
10 properly".
11
12 give root password or press CTRL-D for maintainance:
13 I tried all the combinations "acpi=off , apic=off"
14 but noone of them seemed to work.
15
16 With SuSE 10.1 I get a time-out while trying to set
17 hardware clock and then it goes on properly. while
18 other Linux distros either hang or stop at the
19 same point.
20
21 Moreover FreeBSD 6.2 doesn't boot at all, it stops
22 after loading the kernel and the modules.
23
24 Is this a motherboard related problem a BIOS problem?
25 Has any one of you had similar problems in the past?
26 What can I do?
27
28 Best,
29 S.N.
35 Do you Yahoo!?
36 Everyone is raving about the all-new Yahoo! Mail beta.
37 http://new.mail.yahoo.com
38 --
39 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list