From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: About to install on a 64 bit system. Advice wanted.
Date: Fri, 10 Dec 2010 00:05:07
1 Alex Schuster wrote:
2 > Duncan writes:
5 >> Dale posted on Thu, 09 Dec 2010 11:03:56 -0600 as excerpted:
8 >>> Looks like this was simple enough to solve. Just leave .kde behind at
9 >>> least. No worries. Wish the multilib issue was this simple. o_O
10 >>>
11 >> Seems to be good.
12 >>
13 >> Depending on how much customizing you do to your kde (and mozilla), you
14 >> can try copying them over too. If anything breaks, you know what to
15 >> "uncopy". =:^/ But it might be easier to do that and find what to uncopy
16 >> if necessary, then re-customize everything, at least if you're as heavy a
17 >> customizer as I am. And worst-case, you simply erase that bit and start
18 >> clean.
19 >>
20 > As I hate to re-create my KDE setup from scratch, I simply did nothing when
21 > I switched to 64bits a while ago. No problem. I even dual-booted a couple of
22 > times between 32 and 64 bit Gentoo. BTW, I still have the 32bit Gentoo,
23 > although cleaned from large stuff like KDE, because occasionally I need to
24 > build 32bit stuff.
27 >> Meanwhile, for the akonadi stuff at least, there's a bit of config
28 >> outside .kde. I'm not /exactly/ sure of the default location as I've
29 >> changed enough stuff around here to never be sure, but I /believe/ that
30 >> bit is in ~/.config/<something> by default. (Maybe .config/akonadi/ ?)
31 >>
32 > In there are the resource agents and the akonadiserverrc. Data base stuff is
33 > in .local/share/akonadi.
34 >
35 > Wonko
39 I had forgot about Kopete. I do use it. I may can just save the one
40 file/directory for Kopete and .mozilla. I'll most likely just try the
41 whole thing at first. If it causes me grief, I can logout, go to a
42 console and delete what I don't need.
43
44 I think I know what file Kopete uses. I looked at it one time before.
45 I think it is in a config directory or something.
46
47 UPS just ran. I got what I need to get started with the testing at least.
48
49 Dale
50