From: "Arttu V." <arttuv69@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] How to remove gnome completely
Date: Mon, 10 Nov 2008 22:01:32
1 On 11/10/08, Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> wrote:
2 > This is killing me, I can't get GNOME removed from one of my servers. I've
3 > pulled it from make.conf, I've removed all packages that has a USE flag of
4 > gnome, gtk, gtk2 and I still get the gnome packages listed when I try to do
5 > an emerge -upDN world. I don't see any packages left that have any gnome
6 > dependencies.
7 >
8 > Am I missing something somewhere? Anyone know a way to fix this problem?
9
10 I have no specific solution, but some generic things I didn't catch there:
11
12 - place -gnome in USE in make.conf if you really really don't need it
13 - check your profile so that it is not a desktop profile which might
14 have gnome enabled
15 - see what pulls the gnome stuff in: "emerge -pvuDN --tree world"
18 Arttu V.