From: Brian Litzinger <brian@××××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Cloning a system drive
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2007 16:28:21
1 On Mon, Oct 08, 2007 at 11:17:40AM +0200, Beso wrote:
2 > does this work from hd to external usb disk?
3
4 dd will not work between disparate media. It is even
5 risky between different (capacity, manufacturer) drives.
6
7 If by "this" you mean the latter stategy involving
8 sfdisk/rsync/grub the sfdisk step will mostly not work
9 between disparate media.
10