From: Drake Donahue <donahue95@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] emerge -eav system failed with ati-drivers
Date: Sun, 21 Jun 2009 17:55:15
1 <snip>
2
3 I'm guessing you did an "emerge --depclean" sometime after compiling the
4 2.6.22-r2 kernel and after emerging a new gentoo-sources that erased
5 your make files, This is something depclean loves to do while leaving
6 99% of the older kernel source files intact.
7 I think depclean leaves your .config file in place. Been a few weeks
8 since I burned myself last with this one.
9 If you were following directions back in 2007 you should have a
10 stored 2.6.22-r2 config in the /boot directory.
11
12 Try "emerge =sys-kernel/gentoo-sources-2.6.22-r2 to re-emerge the old
13 package and regain the make files. What the osmp is about beats me.
14
15 or
16
17 Emerge a new gentoo-sources, eselect it, configure, compile, install a
18 new (current) kernel.