From: Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Wine with no-multilib on AMD64
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2010 11:03:18
1 On 03/16/2010 11:23 AM, Sebastian Beßler wrote:
2 > Am 16.03.2010 02:56, schrieb Duncan:
3 >
4 >> I posted the link to the guide in the doomsday thread pretty much
5 >> concurrently to the discussion here, but for convenience, here's the link:
6 >>
7 >> http://www.gentoo.org/proj/en/base/amd64/howtos/index.xml?part=1&chap=2
8 >
9 > What I don't like with this guide is that you have to be root to chroot
10 > into and run the applications as root inside of the chroot.
11
12 Wait a minute. You're telling me that all the people who posted that
13 they use chroot in order to have a "clean 64bit" system are actually
14 running all their 32bit application as root and still consider the
15 chroot a viable alternative to multilib?
16
17 I have only one word to describe this:
18
19 PHAIL.