From: Peter Humphrey <peter@××××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] [gentoo-user] my gentoo amd64 does not have sound
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 20:00:52
1 On Tuesday 15 December 2009 15:38:48 Wil Reichert wrote:
2
3 > The T61 has audio buttons on it right? Have you tried hitting the up
4 > volume button above the keyboard to see if the hardware mixer is muted
5 > / turned down?
6
7 That reminds me: on the T61 the sound starts off muted whatever settings you
8 have. You have to touch the unmute button to get any sound.
9
10 I have this in /etc/conf.d/local.start to save me having to do so:
11
12 echo up >> /proc/acpi/ibm/volume
13
14 HTH.