From: Christopher E <sensory.access@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Help with booting (kernel panic)!!!
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 00:02:43
1 Hello all,
2
3 I am still trying to get this thing up and runing and have NOT yet had
4 a full install with all working with out running into issue even when
5 following to a T
6
7 Any how I get this error when Booting, it comes right after the kernel
8 detecting my APCI stuff for my bois:
9
10 [119.128259] Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs
11 on unknow-block (0,0)
12
13 What does this mean? How can I fix it
14
15 right now I am typing in the stuff to boot up the system and this is
16 what i am typing:
17
18 root (hd0,0)
19 kernel /boot/k8-kernel-2.6.15.r7 root=/dev/sda6 udev
20 boot
21
22 I also have tryed it like this:
23 root (hd0,0)
24 kernel /boot/k8-kernel-2.6.15.r7 root=/dev/sda6
25 boot
26
27 And like this:
28 root (hd0,0)
29 kernel /boot/k8-kernel-2.6.15.r7 real_root=/dev/sda6 udev
30 boot
31
32 All three get the same msg
33
34 on my computer I have when booting this:
35 1 CDROM
36 1 SATA <-- Partitions are:
37 /dev/sda1 - boot
38 /dev/sda5 - swap
39 /dev/sda6 - root
40
41 Please if any one could help PLEASE help :-)
42
43 Also if any one has a ASUS K8V Deluxe out they I would greatly like to
44 hear from you as I would like help recompiling my kernel with the
45 stuff that only matters to that build and ATI All-in-Wonder video card
46
47 Thanks ahead of time for your help and I am greatful for advice!!!
48
49 Sincerely,
50 Christopher
53 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list