From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Okular crashes opening every PDF
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 15:21:51
1 On Dienstag, 26. August 2008, Mark Haney wrote:
2 > Duncan wrote:
3 > > "Mark Haney" <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> posted
4 > > 48B410CE.5080103@××××××××××××.org, excerpted below, on Tue, 26 Aug 2008
5 > >
6 > > 10:18:54 -0400:
7 > >> Must be my day for trouble. Okular is crashing every time I try to open
8 > >> a PDF file. Any PDF file. I'm not getting a good backtrace to send
9 > >> with a bug report, but is anyone else seeing this problem? Or is it
10 > >> just me?
11 > >
12 > > You've done a revdep-rebuild after your latest updates, right? If not,
13 > > it's probably that something's still linked to an old library that's no
14 > > longer there, and needs rebuilt against the new one to function
15 > > correctly.
16 >
17 > Yeah, I've run it. but maybe I didn't get everything re-linked. I may
18 > just call it a day and avoid touching anything else.
19
20 just click on the details button and send the backtrace.
21
22 Probably you updated kdelibs to -r1. This won't trigger a revdep-rebuild.
23 Rebuilding okular might help.
24
25 I had a crash with dolphin and previews. Rebuild strigi, kdelibs, dolphin.
26 Problem gone.