From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: OpenOffice Problems
Date: Thu, 17 Nov 2005 11:28:30
Ãéþñãïò Áâñáìßäçò posted
<200511151204.54234.avramidg@×××××.com>, excerpted below,  on Tue, 15 Nov
2005 12:04:54 +0200:

> I did USE="-java" emerge openoffice-bin because i had some problems with java, > emerged just fine. > But when I try to run ooffice it says > /usr/lib32/openoffice/program/soffice.bin: symbol lookup > error: /emul/linux/x86/usr/lib/ undefined symbol: > _ZN6QImage15setMaxImageSizeERK5QSize > > I re-emerged all the emul libraries in my system, but no luck. I also > re-emerged kdelibs. > Any ideas?
OK, I don't have that particular library on my system, but an equery (part of gentoolkit, very useful merge, if you don't have it already) for the 64-bit version results in: $equery b /usr/kde/3.5/lib64/ [ Searching for file(s) /usr/kde/3.5/lib64/ in *... ] kde-base/kdelibs-3.5.0_rc1 (/usr/kde/3.5/lib64/ -> So... you were right, it's part of kdelibs in native-bitness land. However, remerging the 64-bit kdelibs isn't likely to do much for 32-bit land. I'd suggest running: equery belongs -f libkdecore.* on your system, and see what comes up. It should list both the 32/64-bit versions, along with the *.la files, since the -f=full-regex, along with the packages they come from (or try the emul path and specific file, without the -f of course, to only get it for that file). At least then you'll know what emul-lib package owns the issue causing library. Perhaps a revdep-rebuild will help? (Run it with the usual -p for pretend mode, first, to see what it'll do.) If not, you'll at least be a step closer than before, and can file a bug or whatever, or try reverting to an earlier version of the culprit package. BTW, iso-2022-jp, Japanese charset? It looks more Greek/Russian, here. Is PAN bugging on me? BTW2, /something/ is, as even with it changed, I'm still getting the error, ERROR: line 1, column 8010768 uses a character not specified in charset "ISO-2022-jp" -- possibly change your charset in "More Headers" to "iso-2022-jp" instead? Hmm... interesting, the original content-type header say US-ASCII, the from header indicates 8859-7/Greek (not unusual from what I understand of i18n of mail, tho i18n isn't my strong point), so how'd PAN come up with 2020-jp? I'll try 8859-7, I guess. BTW3, interesting host name, there. "Trantor"? Another Asimov fan? -- Duncan - List replies preferred. No HTML msgs. "Every nonfree program has a lord, a master -- and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list