From: B Vance <bvance@×××××.ca>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Xorg issue now after update!
Date: Sat, 13 May 2006 16:59:08
1 On Sat, 2006-05-13 at 12:39 -0400, Christopher E wrote:
2 > Hello All,
3 >
4 > i am posting here a couple log files. They are attached if they don't
5 > come through please inform me so I can past them in a email.
6 >
7 > The first file called xorg.0.log is the file that was gen from doing a
8 > "X -configure
9 > The Sec file called xorg.1.log is the file that was gen after I did a
10 > edit to xorg.conf.new.txt which is also attached.
11 >
12 > If there is any other information that I can obtain to get this fixed
13 > please inform me so i may do so.
14 >
15 > Thanks again for all the help!
16 >
17 > Sincerely,
18 > Christopher
19
20 I'm unsure as to whether it's still required, but you may want to add :
21 Modes "1600x1200" "1280x1024" "1024x768" "800x600"
22
23 to your Display section. I notice that your's does not have this for
24 any of the entries. This //may// be optional now, but it's my 2 cents.
25
26 As far as I know, Xorg doesn't need a xorg.conf anymore. It
27 automagicaly makes it's own when you run startx/gdm/kdm/xdm.
28
29 I'm not sure if you're running an SLI system or whether the
30 un-identified/un-used PCI video card is the internal card. It doesn't
31 appear to have any negative effects so can probably be ignored until the
32 major problems are rectified. <grin> Not to mention, I'm not sure how
33 you enable the SLI capability in Xorg. :-)
34
35 Hope this helps.
38 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list