From: Brett Johnson <brett@××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Cedega running programs on fat32 partition
Date: Thu, 12 Jan 2006 05:35:47

Is anyone running cedega 5.0 and storing programs on a fat32 partition
in a 64 bit environment? I have it working fine on my Pentium-M laptop
with fat32, but for some reason I can not seem to get it working on my
amd64 box. Both systems are running 2.6.14-r6 gentoo sources and are
configured with similar options as it pertains to the filesystems etc.
Every time I try to execute a win32 binary on the fat32 filesystem I
get "cannot find whatever.exe".

I have noticed if I put the binary in the root of the fat32 filesystem,
I can execute them, but for some reason cedega can not see any files
located in a folder under the root fat32 system. When trying to install
new programs to the fat32 system, the initial file copy starts, but
when it goes to verify the files, it can not access them. If I try to
install and/or run programs on a reiserfs file system, everything works

Here is the mounted filesystem info:
/dev/sdb2 on /usr/local/games type vfat (rw,noatime,gid=100,umask=0000)

And the output from ls:
total 275904
-rwxrwxrwx  1 root users   4341810 Dec 13 22:17 WoW.exe

And when I try to run the program:
brett@homer /usr/local/games/WoW $ cedega WoW.exe
/home/brett/.cedega/.winex_ver/winex-5.0.3/winex/bin/wine: cannot find