From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Is -fPIC compiler sensitive?
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 12:09:26
1 Is -fPIC gcc-version sensitive?
2
3 The reason I'm asking is because I'm running gcc 4.1 snapshots, which of
4 course aren't supported. However, I just had to add -fPIC to the CFLAGS
5 to get media-libs/musicbrainz (2.1.2) to merge. That's a bug and should
6 be reported as such, if as I believe, gcc version doesn't affect that.
7 However, I'm not positive that's the case, and don't like filing invalid
8 bugs, so need to know the answer before I file the bug.
9
10 (If this is version sensitive, this is the first issue I've traced to the
11 4.1 snapshots, but I don't believe it is, which means the snapshots
12 continue their amazing streak -- for something as critical as gcc-betas --
13 of absolutely no issues, here. YMMV, of course.)
18 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman in
19 http://www.linuxdevcenter.com/pub/a/linux/2004/12/22/rms_interview.html
23 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list