From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] nvidia-drivers is bloking xorg-server
Date: Wed, 12 Sep 2007 22:36:22
1 On Mittwoch, 12. September 2007, Lorenzo Milesi wrote:
2 > On 9/12/07, agtdino <agtdino@××××××××.es> wrote:
3 > > [blocks B ] x11-drivers/nvidia-drivers (is blocking
4 > > x11-base/xorg-server-1.4-r1)
5 >
6 > Xorg 1.4 introduced ABI changes. No proprietary driver can actually
7 > work with the latest xorg.
8
9 yes they can, as you say yourself below.
12 > > Actually I can run X with the nvidia-driver, don't want to update if I
13 > > loose the X graphics.
14 >
15 > either you mask xorg 1.4 or in the meantime drop nvidia-drivers in
16 > favor of xf86-video-nv.
17
18 or you remove the blocker from the ebuilds.
21 > Eventually you can even run startx with --ignore-ABI, but then you
22 > should modify the xorg ebuild in order to allow nvidia-drivers :)
23
24 and build X without hal support. If you use kdm, edit kdmrc
25 ServerCmd=/usr/bin/X -br -ignoreABI
28 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list