From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Heads-up: KDEers: Particularly kde3-ers,
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 07:41:15
1 Mark Knecht posted on Sun, 23 Aug 2009 08:49:47 -0700 as excerpted:
2
3 > Duncan,
4 > I am not a KDE user as I've always felt it's too large to build and
5 > maintain on Gentoo, at least on my machines. That said it seems to me
6 > that maybe you should consider cross-posting this to Gentoo-users as I
7 > expect there are a lot of KDE-3 users there that aren't reading this
8 > list.
9 >
10 > You might consider a more concise version of this if you do. you
11 > have a lot to say on a subject that is clearly important to you. However
12 > many folks might not be willing to dig in as deeply on first reading as
13 > your first message here requires.
14
15 Thanks for the encouraging words. It's appreciated, honestly. However,
16 I'm not the one to post it to -user, which I don't follow. Others may
17 wish to do so, either in their own (likely shorter) words, or referencing
18 my post and/or the ones in -desktop.
19
20 FWIW, my post, as seen on gmane:
21 http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.amd64/15046
22
23 And I'd have linked the -desktop posts in my initial post,
24 had I thought of it before. Here's their links:
25
26 KDE 3 Future/Status (Aug 10 posting):
27 http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.desktop/3426
28
29 KDE project 20090618 meeting summary (posted late, Aug 23)
30 http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.desktop/3438
31
32 KDE project 20090820 meeting summary (also posted Aug 23)
33 http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.gentoo.desktop/3439
38 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman