From: Paul de Vrieze <pauldv@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] gnome-2.14.0 masked while gnome-session-2.14.1 is not
Date: Mon, 15 May 2006 14:57:06
1 On Saturday 13 May 2006 20:45, Mark Knecht wrote:
2 >
3 > Simon,
4 > Sorry. My mistake. For some reason I had three Gnome packages
5 > unmasked in my package.keywords file. I suppose it was probably
6 > required some time ago to get things installed on my AMD64 system but
7 > is not strictly required now. After updating with eix-update and
8
9 To prevent this, it is important that you limit the unmasking of packages.
10 Use a precise version number if appropriate. Otherwise at least limit the
11 major version. Something like
12 <gnome-base/gnome-session-2.13_pre0
13
14 This might be some work when that version comes around, but it prevents
15 you from being surprised.
16
17 Paul
20 Paul de Vrieze