From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Symlinks vs. Bind mounts.
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 01:37:57
1 "Wil Reichert" <wil.reichert@×××××.com> posted
2 7a329d910808120838v1d8d296ft1dcfb2c4073b9ec0@××××××××××.com, excerpted
3 below, on Tue, 12 Aug 2008 08:38:57 -0700:
4
5 > Every time you re-install the -bin package you need to re-accept their
6 > license (er whatever, registaration perhaps?) at first run. Annoys me
7 > enough to compile it myself.
8
9 Ugh, I've obviously never tried it or I'd have been saying no way,
10 myself. I'd have to see it but normally anything software that has
11 anything like that, even registration, is way to much like slaveryware
12 for my taste, and it's gone off my system faster than it downloaded in
13 the first place!
14
15 For awhile imagemagick required MSCorefonts, with a similar EULA/
16 whatever, and (after I filed a bug) I put the corefonts package in
17 package.provided and that was it. It didn't actually need it anyway,
18 except for a specific operation I never tried, at runtime. Now they
19 control that with the truetype USE flag IIRC, so I have it in package.use
20 with that flag turned off -- the only package on the system with it
21 turned off.
26 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman