From: Dale <rdalek1967@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: About to install on a 64 bit system. Advice wanted.
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 17:18:04
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > Florian Philipp posted on Thu, 09 Dec 2010 10:48:29 +0100 as excerpted:
5 >> Didn't you post on gentoo-user that you watch youtube videos? Well, the
6 >> currently stable version of adobe-flash (10.1.102.64) is 32bit-only.
7 >> That will change again with the next higher version in the tree but the
8 >> switch to 32bit can happen again when Adobe decides once again that it
9 >> doesn't need to fix its security bugs for amd64.
10 >>
11 > Eh, I watch youtube, but NOT using flash servantware, and using 100% 64-
12 > bit apps. The firefox extension I use is 1-click-youtube-downloader, but
13 > there are others, and other ways to watch it (including in HTML5 native
14 > format), if desired, without using servantware.
15 >
16 > I always download the mp4 version, watching it using my video player of
17 > choice (presently smplayer). I can then delete it if I don't like it, or
18 > save it if I do. Sometimes videos disappear from youtube, you know, and
19 > google doesn't need to know how many times I watch my favorites, or even
20 > whether I consider it good enough to save or not.
21 >
22 > IOW, particularly insecure and buggy servantware not required to view
23 > youtube. =:^)
27 I do this the same way. For some reason, the videos are dark when
28 played through youtube or any other site for that matter. I can
29 download them and open them in smplayer and they are bright and look
30 fine. This happens in Firefox and Seamonkey. I never have been able to
31 figure why they are to dark tho.
32
33 Dale
34