From: Clemente Aguiar <ca-lists@××××××××××××××××.pt>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Unable to mount USB and CD on Gnome
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 15:02:37
1 For a while now when I insert a CD / DVD or a USB pen drive on my PC, it
2 will not mount, and GNOME gives an error.
3
4 If it is the DVD the error is as follows:
5 Unable to mount "DVDLABEL"
6 Not Authorized
7
8 If it is the USB pen drive the error is similar:
9 Unable to mount File System 1,0GB
10 Not Authorized
11
12 If I login as root then there is no problem, the disks will mount (and
13 automount correctly), but if I login as a "normal" user it will not
14 automount, and even if I go through the menu and select the drive it
15 will not mount giving exactly the same error.
16
17 One interesting note is that I can mount and unmount using gnome-mount
18 and gnome-unmount utilities, for example:
19
20 $ gnome-mount -d /dev/sdb1
21 $ gnome-umount -d /dev/sdb1
22
23 Can anybody help me with this problem?