From: Tom <uebershark@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] xf86-video-ati-6.10.0 update hardlocks x
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 2009 21:41:32
1 Well the 6.10.0 version entered portage maybe a week ago.
2 I updated immediately, and ran into the exact same problem.
3 I downgraded, thinking that just 'waiting' might solve the problem for
4 me...
5 Also at the time, alot of my system needed updating, including some
6 x11-libs, so I just waited.
7
8 Yesterday, I did a complete "--update --deep --newuse" run, wich pulled
9 in a new kernel (2.6.28-r1) and re-emerged 6.10.0.
10 I compiled the new kernel, rebooted, rebuilt the radeaon drm-module and
11 then re-emered xf-video-ati-6.10.0. Still no luck.
12
13 Now I'm back to 6.9.0, with my new kernel+rest in place. No problems.
14 So I'm pretty sure I know where the bugger is hiding ;)
15
16 I remember, the first time I had this, Xorg.log mentioned something like
17
18 >[mi] EQ overflowing. The server is probably stuck in an infinite loop.
19
20 Its not present in my current logs.
21
22 Tom