From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: accelerated X 7.1 & ATI card
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2006 14:19:19
1 Reinhard Kotucha <reinhard.kotucha@×××.de> posted
2 17642.11592.908814.99989@××××××××××××××.local, excerpted below, on Tue,
3 22 Aug 2006 00:01:44 +0200:
4
5 > Hi Piotr,
6 > thank you for sending me your xorg.conf. It works for me. I have no time
7 > to find out what was wrong with mine. But maybe it has something to do
8 > with the mouse: You have
9 >
10 > Option "Device" "/dev/input/mice"
11 >
12 > and I had
13 >
14 > Option "Device" "/dev/input/mouse0"
15 > .
16 >
17 > I now adopted your file for my needs and I'm happy.
18
19 Replying here rather than to my subthread...
20
21 Indeed, I strongly suspect it /is/ mouse related. As I mentioned in the
22 other subthread, you can set an option to ignore mouse errors and use only
23 keyboard in that case. Setting that in your old xorg.conf and seeing if X
24 would then start would at least confirm whether it was mouse related or not.
29 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman
32 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list