From: Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Better Chroot system
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:44:09
Mike Arthur <mike@×××××××××××××.uk> skribis:
> I was just talking with an LFS-using friend of mine, and it gave me a few > ideas. > Could I just put all the emul-linux-x86-* packages in package.provided, turn > off glibc multilib, use the non-multilib profile, and simply add the location > of my chroot to my and prelink.conf? > > Would this rid the need for /emul/linux/x86/* and/or */lib32 folders? > Could I just put my chroot in /emul/linux/x86?
I ran my system for a while with the chroot's library directories in the, and without the emul packages, and it worked fine but was a little harder to maintain than using emul, so I went back. -- Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org Esperantistoj rajtas skribi al Bojo ĉe 'Democracies don't war; democracies are peaceful countries.' - Bush (

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] Better Chroot system Mike Arthur <mike@×××××××××××××.uk>