From: Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Better Chroot system
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 16:44:09
1 Mike Arthur <mike@×××××××××××××.uk> skribis:
2 > I was just talking with an LFS-using friend of mine, and it gave me a few
3 > ideas.
4 > Could I just put all the emul-linux-x86-* packages in package.provided, turn
5 > off glibc multilib, use the non-multilib profile, and simply add the location
6 > of my chroot to my ld.so.conf and prelink.conf?
7 >
8 > Would this rid the need for /emul/linux/x86/* and/or */lib32 folders?
9 > Could I just put my chroot in /emul/linux/x86?
10
11 I ran my system for a while with the chroot's library directories in the
12 ld.so.conf, and without the emul packages, and it worked fine but was
13 a little harder to maintain than using emul, so I went back.
16 Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org http://www.chemoelectric.org
17 Esperantistoj rajtas skribi al Bojo ĉe chemoelectric.org.
18 'Democracies don't war; democracies are peaceful countries.' - Bush
19 (http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/releases/2005/12/20051219-2.html)