From: Tonko <tonko.mulder@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Multilib or not?
Date: Fri, 21 Nov 2008 11:37:05
1 On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 12:32 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann
2 <volker.armin.hemmann@××××××××××××.de> wrote:
3 > On Freitag 21 November 2008, Tonko Mulder wrote:
4 >> I was wondering since flash has been released for x86_64 and simply
5 >> can't find a program on my laptop which uses emul-linux-x86-*
6 >> If I could just move to a no-multilib profile.
7 >>
8 >> As I've read, life get's easier with the no-multilib profile. :)
9 >
10 > why? what is easier - from a user POV of removing multilib?
11 > You might hit a scenario where you need some 32bit app soon - and despite
12 > Duncan's claim, not all 32bit apps are closed source.
13 >
14 Than I would have to choose to whether use the 32-bit chroot as Duncan
15 proposed or I could restore a backup of my current multilib system.
22 Tonko