From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] compiled kernel, now ALSA modules hang
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2005 13:46:40
1 Daniel Gryniewicz wrote:
2
3 >On Mon, 2005-10-31 at 08:55 -0500, Mark Haney wrote:
6 >>I just compiled my original kernel (2.6.12-gentoo-r6) with support for
7 >>IPv6 (I started with the same config as my first kernel and only added
8 >>support for IPv6. Now, when I shutdown my machine, the ALSA module
9 >>hangs on 'unloading ALSA modules'. I rebuilt the modules as well and
10 >>when booting to the original kernel, this doesn't happen. Any ideas?
14 >Are your alsa drivers from alsa-driver? If so, you need to re-emerge
15 >that. The module-rebuild package can help you here.
19 No they are the kernel modules. Funny, it seems to have stopped doing
20 it the last couple of shutdowns. Hmm. Must be the Windows partition on
21 this laptop causing it. :)
25 Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vincendarum
26
27 Mark Haney
28 Sr. Systems Administrator
29 ERC Broadband