From: Brett Johnson <brett@××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] 2005.1-r1 media refresh
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:13:18
This will not be available in portage, it's just a refresh to the ISO
image used to install gentoo. Once you have gentoo installed, proper use
of portage will keep the system updated.

This refresh just fixes some issues on the install media for specific
plaforms. If you had problems installing with the 2005.1 image and you
plan on reinstalling or installing a new gentoo systems on an effected
platform, then you should get this refresh and burn a new install CD.

If you run emerge --sync and emerge -(p)vuD world on a regular basis,
there is no need to get the media refresh. (Note, the (p) is to pretend,
it's a good practice to check and see what is going to be up/down graded
before actually performing any update)

Mark Haney wrote:

> I noticed in the GWN that there was a 2005.1-r1 media refresh for > amd64. I wanted to move to it, but portage doesn't have it listed > yet. Any ideas on when it will be totally available on the mirrors > and if it's a good idea to move to it, or does it really matter? I'm > still new to the portage profiles deal and want to know general > thoughts on these updates/upgrades. >
-- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] 2005.1-r1 media refresh Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>