From: Brett Johnson <brett@××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] 2005.1-r1 media refresh
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 21:13:18
1 This will not be available in portage, it's just a refresh to the ISO
2 image used to install gentoo. Once you have gentoo installed, proper use
3 of portage will keep the system updated.
4
5 This refresh just fixes some issues on the install media for specific
6 plaforms. If you had problems installing with the 2005.1 image and you
7 plan on reinstalling or installing a new gentoo systems on an effected
8 platform, then you should get this refresh and burn a new install CD.
9
10 If you run emerge --sync and emerge -(p)vuD world on a regular basis,
11 there is no need to get the media refresh. (Note, the (p) is to pretend,
12 it's a good practice to check and see what is going to be up/down graded
13 before actually performing any update)
14
15 Brett
16
17 Mark Haney wrote:
18
19 > I noticed in the GWN that there was a 2005.1-r1 media refresh for
20 > amd64. I wanted to move to it, but portage doesn't have it listed
21 > yet. Any ideas on when it will be totally available on the mirrors
22 > and if it's a good idea to move to it, or does it really matter? I'm
23 > still new to the portage profiles deal and want to know general
24 > thoughts on these updates/upgrades.
27 gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list