From: Grant <emailgrant@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] cnn.com videos crash firefox with a libtotem-complex-plugin.so error
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 22:59:31
1 >> libtotem-complex-plugin.so
2 >
3 > I think that's part of gstreamer, could it be trying to takeover the
4 > flash videos before the flash plug-in has a chance? Maybe try to
5 > remerge (or unmerge) gstreamer.
6
7 I tried re-emerging and removing gstreamer and totem and the only
8 thing that made a difference was removing totem. After that I got:
9
10 $ firefox
11 Killed
12
13 instead of the longer error message about libtotem-complex-plugin.so.
14 Right now I'm going through some revdep-rebuild stuff I think is the
15 result of removing totem and gstreamer. I would try installing older
16 and newer totem versions, but it should work without any totem
17 installed.
18
19 - Grant