From: Simon Stelling <blubb@g.o>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Re: recommended USE flags
Date: Sun, 13 Aug 2006 10:19:29
1 Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
2 > On Saturday 12 August 2006 22:45, Vladimir G. Ivanovic wrote:
3 >> On Sat, 2006-08-12 at 22:18 +0200, Hemmann, Volker Armin wrote:
4 >>> so instead of a short but useful hint, which is enough in 95% of cases,
5 >> His point is precisely that it's NOT useful enough.
6 >
7 > for him maybe.
8
9 I think you misunderstand the entire issue. What's wrong with a more detailed
10 description as an addition to the one we already have in use.desc?
11
12 > you would still have thousands of descriptions, a lot of them redundand, as a
13 > big pile. There would be NO advantage doing this. Instead of a short
14 > explanation, you would get tons of useless text...
15
16 There would be an advantage, I just doubt it would be worth the effort because
17 in most cases reading the ebuild will give you a detailed idea about what it
18 does. There are exceptions though, as Duncan pointed out.
19
20 >>> Are you insane?
21 >> Are you rude?
22 >
23 > yes, maybe?
24
25 Yes, definitively. You know, you could actually said 'sorry', but that would
26 probably be "insane", right?
29 Kind Regards,
30
31 Simon Stelling