From: Saphirus Sage <saphirus497@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] spoofing browser identity
Date: Sat, 13 Jun 2009 11:29:37
1 Daiajo Tibdixious wrote:
2 > I remember a year or more ago I found an option in either firefox or
3 > konquerer which allowed me to tell particular sites I was using a
4 > different browser than the one I was
5 > really using.
6 >
7 > I've found a reason to try this again (to see if a specfic site is
8 > treating me differently because I'm not using I.E.).
9 >
10 > I've looked thru all the settings/preferences I can find in both
11 > firefox & konquerer
12 > without finding this option.
13 >
14 > So, am I just dreaming of this option, or is it there & I'm going blind?
17 I'm not sure of any built-in option for this, but I do know of a plugin
18 for firefox called "User Agent Switcher" that offers much of the same
19 described functionality.