From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Java on AMD64
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 23:50:22
1 On 9/20/07, Dmitri Pogosyan <pogosyan@×××××××××××××.ca> wrote:
4 > > I may need to install Blackdown along with Sun. My first significant
5 > > use of Java now that I have this working was not so good. The Java
6 > > frame didn't draw the stock charts (or anything else) and then Firefox
7 > > completely hung and had to be killed. I tried the web site (
8 > > http://www.thinkorswim.com ) a couple of times and got the same bad
9 > > results.
12 > Looked at this site with my 32-bit firefox - no problem.
13 > I have
14 > emul-linux-x86-java-1.5.0.12
17 Did you create an account with them, get a password, and then log in
18 to start an online trading session using their web-based stock trading
19 platform? It's not until I do that that I have any problems.
20
21 Their whole platform is built on Java. I run their stand-alone
22 application version on Windows Vista. I've run it on OS X. I've tried
23 to run the stand-alone Linux application on Gentoo, both 32-bit &
24 64-bit, but couldn't get it to install. (Maybe 6 months ago? Maybe
25 longer.)
26
27 Anyway, the whole trading platform is Java based but you won't get to
28 the real meat of the problem until you create an account (free to
29 create) and then run the full blown program.
30
31 I'll keep looking into this.
32
33 Thanks,