From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Can't Emerge Thunderbird-5.0/6.0
Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 20:03:39
On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 21:05:42 +0200
Agostino Sarubbo <ago@×××××××××.org> wrote:

> You need more than 3GB of diskspace free. So If you compile on a limited tmpfs > space, you can compile it with: > PORTAGE_TMPDIR="/another_path_that_is_on_disk" emerge thunderbird
I didn't think that this should matter since, AFAIK, tmpfs is automatically expanded when necessary using swap space. But I'd tried it anyway. Before emerge, I set my tmpfs to 2G. Increasing to 4G and then emerging thunderbird, I now get a mass of different errors: more undefined references to `oggpack_bytes' follow [repeated lots of times] [...] hidden symbol `oggpack_writetrunc' isn't defined [...] ld: final link failed: Bad value These errors are not related to the previous failure, so the increase in tmpfs seems to work. Possibly these errors are related to USE="-alsa". Frank Peters

Subject Author
[gentoo-amd64] Re: Can't Emerge Thunderbird-5.0/6.0 Nikos Chantziaras <realnc@×××××.de>
Re: [gentoo-amd64] Can't Emerge Thunderbird-5.0/6.0 Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>