From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Incipient hardware failure?
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 08:28:47
1 Duncan wrote:
2
3 >Note that there's a kernel command line parameter, something like mem=512M
7 So there is - I'd forgotten about that. Of course it would restrict the
8 amount of RAM that's being tested, but it may be worth trying; thanks
9 for the idea. Meanwhile I think I don't need to get swapping as I've got
10 two instances of the script operating in competition, one on each
11 physical disk. What with the BOINC clients, some routine emerging and
12 ordinary X user activity, if this doesn't break the system I don't know
13 what will!
16 Rgds
17 Peter Humphrey
18 Linux Counter 5290, Aug 93.