From: Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Incipient hardware failure?
Date: Sat, 09 Jul 2005 08:28:47
Duncan wrote:

>Note that there's a kernel command line parameter, something like mem=512M > >
So there is - I'd forgotten about that. Of course it would restrict the amount of RAM that's being tested, but it may be worth trying; thanks for the idea. Meanwhile I think I don't need to get swapping as I've got two instances of the script operating in competition, one on each physical disk. What with the BOINC clients, some routine emerging and ordinary X user activity, if this doesn't break the system I don't know what will! -- Rgds Peter Humphrey Linux Counter 5290, Aug 93. -- gentoo-amd64@g.o mailing list

Subject Author
Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Incipient hardware failure? Peter Humphrey <prh@××××××××××.uk>