From: Volker Armin Hemmann <volkerarmin@××××××××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Hyper-threading an AMD64 3800+
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 22:22:33
1 On Donnerstag 11 Juni 2009, Greg wrote:
2 > I've been having trouble determining if my processor has hyper-threading.
3 > I'm thinking that it does. I know that it isn't a dual-core.
4 >
5 > If it is a hyper-thread processor, I can't seem to figure out exactly how
6 > to enable the hyper-thread under linux.
7
8 no amd supports hyper-threading. They have that flag because they are
9 compatible - and if they are multicore to 'trick' stupid software that checks
10 for ht to multi thread but does not multithread on multicore cpus.