From: Frank Peters <frank.peters@×××××××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Shift + Fn Keys Suddenly Don't Work
Date: Sun, 09 Oct 2011 20:21:05
1 On Sun, 9 Oct 2011 12:13:05 -0700
2 Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com> wrote:
5 > I've never used the Shift-Function keys myself. Here is what I'm
6 > seeing here using xev to capture Shift-F1:
9 Thanks for taking the time to test, but I may have posted a bit
10 prematurely again. Further searching has revealed that the problem
11 is with the newest (and unstable in Gentoo) xkeyboard-config-2.4.1.
12 This package contains the configuration files for the X keyboards.
13
14 Hopefully, the next release will correct things, but otherwise
15 a downgrade to 2.3 will help if the problem affects you. Most
16 users probably don't have much need for Shift-Fn.
17
18 Frank Peters