From: Duncan <1i5t5.duncan@×××.net>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Re: eselect-opengl update
Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2008 16:05:06
1 "Mark Haney" <mhaney@××××××××××××.org> posted
2 48B4148E.2010703@××××××××××××.org, excerpted below, on Tue, 26 Aug 2008
3 10:34:54 -0400:
4
5 > Yep. That's it. I can't believe I didn't think of that. I haven't
6 > done much with overlays, so it didn't occur to me. Ever had one of
7 > those days you couldn't do diddly right? I'm having one of those today.
8
9 Yes. =:^(
10
11 Sometimes, I think it's the hardware. I'll beat my head against a wall
12 trying to fix a bug, only to giveup and shutdown. Low and behold, after
13 a night's rest or when I come back from work, I can flip the machine back
14 on and it works fine. On at least one occasion that was after I had
15 repeatedly rebooted trying to fix it, too, all without success. I'm
16 convinced that one was some capacitor saved setting or something, that
17 wouldn't go away with a simple reboot, only when I let the machine stay
18 off for long enough that the capacitor fully discharged, so when I
19 restarted after letting it set for several hours, the setting was reset
20 to machine normal and everything just "magically" worked.
25 and if you use the program, he is your master." Richard Stallman