From: Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Update config files
Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2006 21:51:06
Nuitari <nuitari@××××××××××××××××.net> skribis:
> >What's the best way to update config files? I am a big fan of RH's method of dealing with them, and can't stand the way > >Debian does it, so how do the majority of Gentoo users manage their config files? > > with etc-update
I'm using cfg-update (with Meld) for the 64-bit stuff and etc-update for the 32-bit chroot. Plus sometimes by hand (after locating with etc-update or cfg-update), usually using Emacs emerge mode (no relation to portage). -- Barry.SCHWARTZ@×××××××××××××.org Esperantistoj rajtas skribi al Bojo ĉe 'Democracies don't war; democracies are peaceful countries.' - Bush (