From: Daniele Salatti <danielesalatti@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] Re: Problems emerging Gnome
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 17:34:03
1 Duncan wrote:
2 > Daniele Salatti <danielesalatti@×××××.com> posted
3 > 450270C1.1090908@×××××.com, excerpted below, on Sat, 09 Sep 2006 09:44:01
4 > +0200:
7 >> Hi list!
8 >> I have just installed Gentoo for amd64, but when I try to "emerge
9 >> gnome", I get the following error (app-text/gnome-doc-utils-0.6.1):
12 > Welcome! =8^)
13 >
14 > I'm not a gnome user, preferring KDE myself, but I just merged that
15 > package to see if I ran into any problems, no, all worked fine. However,
16 > I'm running ~arch here and while that package version is both the latest
17 > and stable so both stable and ~arch get it, it's possible something on
18 > ~arch allowed me to build it that failed for you, assuming on stable.
19 >
20 > However, a quick bugzilla check doesn't show anything like that, so
21 > that's not likely to be it. Bugzilla DOES show several resolved bugs
22 > relating to failure to merge of previous versions, however. Folks found a
23 > couple different things caused those:
24 >
25 > 1) If you updated python (part of system as portage uses it, so it could
26 > have been updated), try running python-updater.
27 >
28 > 2) Try remerging libxslt.
29 >
30 > Chances look pretty decent one or the other of those will fix the problem.
31 > If it doesn't, post back and see if someone else can help, and/or consider
32 > filing a bug (and mention you already tried python-updater and remerging
33 > libxslt, as those might be the first suggestions you get otherwise =8^).
36 Thank you for your help!! I have done a couple of tests, and finally I
37 have reinstalled gentoo with ~amd64, but the problem still exists...
38 Don't know if this can help, but this is my make.conf:
39
40 CFLAGS="-march=athlon64 -Os -pipe"
41 CHOST="x86_64-pc-linux-gnu"
42 CXXFLAGS="${CFLAGS}"
43 MAKEOPTS="-j2"
44 ACCEPT_KEYWORDS="~amd64"
45 USE=" X alsa amd64 arts avi berkdb bitmap-fonts cairo cdr cli crypt cups
46 dbus d$FEATURES=""
47
48 Any suggestion?
49 Daniele