From: Tony Sperling <tony.sperling@××××××.dk>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] beryl on AMD64
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 12:21:56
1 There is a pretty large ATI community over at Sabayon
2 (http://www.sabayonlinux.org) most have given up on XGL there, it seems, and
3 moved over to AIGLX - I'm on nVidia myself, and for me it is mostly stable.
4 There's a Wiki and an active Forum with a useful Tutorial section, almost
5 all tech stuff ends up pointing back at Gentoo, so you shouldn't have to
6 expect any Paradigm Changes!
7
8 Tony. . .
11 ----- Original Message -----
12 From: "Mark Knecht" <markknecht@×××××.com>
13 To: <gentoo-amd64@l.g.o>
14 Sent: Tuesday, February 06, 2007 7:28 PM
15 Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] beryl on AMD64
18 > Thanks David.
19 >
20 > I notice that many/most folks who have talked about it seem to run
21 > NVidia. I have an ATI. Any reason you know why it won't run, or won't
22 > run well, on ATI? I'm using the ATI driver form the kernel. Does its
23 > lack of 3D acceleration rule out beryl?
24 >
25 > Thanks,
26 > Mark
27 >