From: Mark Haney <mhaney@××××××××××××.org>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] suddenly lost sound
Date: Mon, 21 Aug 2006 14:04:24
1 Mark Knecht wrote:
4 > I lost sound this weekend on my AMD64 for a while. I think it was
5 > caused by running Cedega/Wine. I ran the alsa init script by hand
6 > (/etc/init.d/alsasound restart) and got sound back immediately. Took
7 > about 10 minutes before I thought to try that.
8 >
9 > HTH,
10 > Mark
11 Yeah that was the first thing that I tried once I realized it wasn't
12 working. Sometimes the XMMS alsa plugin hangs and the only way to fix
13 is it to restart alsasound. I just don't understand why it stopped then
14 started working again. Oh well.
19 Fere libenter homines id quod volunt credunt.
20
21 Mark Haney
22 Sr. Systems Administrator
23 ERC Broadband