From: Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.belardi@××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: Re: [gentoo-amd64] boot Gentoo from USB key
Date: Mon, 05 May 2008 08:32:58
1 On Wed, 2008-04-30 at 09:44 +0200, Raffaele Belardi wrote:
2 > Thanks to you and Kyle for the hint on rootdelay, I will give it a try.
3 >
4 > Regarding the performance, it should not be a real issue in my case. I
5 > will only use the key to boot the kernel and send a Wake-on-Lan packet
6 > to a file server, then I'll mount the discs over NFS.
9 rootdelay=8 fixed the problem, thanks again. I'll try to reduce the
10 delay, I'll not post the results because I believe that is
11 motherboard-dependent.
12
13 raf
16 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list