From: Mark Knecht <markknecht@×××××.com>
To: gentoo-amd64@l.g.o
Subject: [gentoo-amd64] Wine on amd64 - is it'32-bit'?
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 01:10:31
1 Hi,
2 I'm not sure how to describe the version of Wine I build on my
3 amd64 machine. Is it a 32-bit app using emulation libraries to talk to
4 the 64-bit kernel? Is it a 64-bit app that attempts to run 32-bit
5 Windows apps?
6
7 It is not my intention to do anything fancy or out of the ordinary.
8 However I have filed, over the years, a number of bug reports for Wine
9 on older 32-bit machines. Now developers are asking me to dig out old
10 CDs and try again with these old programs. I'm happy to do that but
11 before I start I thought I should understand what it is I'm running
12 these days. If I install these old programs are my bug reports of
13 value to the Wine developers or will they toss them as invalid?
14
15 So, what is it I'm running here and how could I determine this
16 myself? I tried emerge -ep --tree wine and sort of scanning through
17 the list but that's not very informative.
18
19 Thanks in advance,
20 Mark
21
22 lightning ~ # emerge -pv wine
23
24 These are the packages that would be merged, in order:
25
26 Calculating dependencies... done!
27 [ebuild N ] app-emulation/wine-0.9.56 USE="X alsa cups gecko jack
28 jpeg ldap ncurses opengl oss xml (-dbus) -esd (-hal) -lcms (-nas)
29 -samba (-scanner)" 12,876 kB
30
31 Total: 1 package (1 new), Size of downloads: 12,876 kB
32 lightning ~ #
33 --
34 gentoo-amd64@l.g.o mailing list